The default protocol for mounting a Linux server is NFS. Go through the following steps to create a mount;
1) Create a temporary directory under the /mnt directory. In this example we will use 'temp' (/mnt/temp). This is where a mount will be created for the remote file system.
- mkdir /mnt/temp
2) Create an NFS Server Export of the Post Office directory on the Groupwise Server
3) Create a mount to the remote file system. This is done using the "mount" command.
- mount -t nfs <ip of remote server:exported path> /<path to local directory>
example: mount -t nfs 10.1.11.2:/grpwise/po1 /mnt/temp
4) Change directory to the newly mounted directory, this should look like the root of the post office directory.
example: cd /mnt/temp