How does The Reload Collector Work?
GroupWise Post Office Explanation
- 1. The Reload Collector backs up the contents of the OFUSER and the OFMSG directory with DBCOPY
- The Collector puts the contents of the OFUSER and OFMSG directory in a local staging area on the server where the Collector is running
- The specific path is <path to Reload profile>/backups/weeknow/<backup_day_name>
- NOTE: The Collector does not use DBCOPY to backup the contents of the OFUSER/INDEX directory
- 2. The Reload Collector then uses RSYNC to transmit the following content of the post office to the Reload Server profile that the Collector is paired with.
- OFUSER - From the <backup_day_name>/ofuser directory
- OFMSG - From the <backup_day_name>/ofmsg directory
- OFUSER/INDEX - From the live post office /ofuser/index directory
- OFFILES - From the live post office /offiles directory
- 3. The remote staging location that the post office data gets replicated to on the Reload Server is as follows:
- OFUSER - <profile path>/gre_data/sync/ofuser
- OFMSG - <profile path>/gre_data/sync/ofmsg
- OFUSER/INDEX - <profile path>/gre_data/ofuser/index
- OFFILES - <profile path>/blobs/offiles
- 4. Once the post office data is replicated to the Reload Server, the Reload Server creates a backup as it always has, but as an input, it uses the data off of the staging area on the Reload Server at <profile path>/gre_data/sync directory.
- 5. The backed up data is copied from the staging area to the <profile path>/backups/weeknow/<backup day name> directory.
- The Reload Collector pushes a backup set to the Reload Server
- The Reload Server only performs a backup of the data in the <profile path>/gre_data/sync directory when it gets a notification from the Reload Collector to perform the backup
- The Reload Collector manages it's own schedule for Standard Backups. The Reload Server does not have a schedule, it performs backups only when poked by the Reload Collector to do so.
- When a Collector is running a job, if you want to stop the job, you can do so either from the Collector or from the Server. It is more direct to stop the job from the Collector.
- When the Reload Server is upgraded to a new version of Reload, the Reload Collector upgrades itself from the Reload Server
GroupWise Domain Explanation
- 1. The Reload Collector backups up the contents of the root domain directory. Only GroupWise files are backed up, ie. wpdomain.db, gwdom.dc, etc.
- 2. The methods used to gather, collect and backup the domain are identical to a post office backup job.
This article was originally published in the GWAVA knowledgebase as article ID 2643.