Windows (x) Linux (x)
How do I configure Retain to archive my BlackBerry data?
Setting up Retain to archive BlackBerry only takes a few steps. The Retain server will need access to the location the BlackBerry log files are stored and sufficient writes to access the log files. You will need to tell Retain how to communicate with the BlackBerry server, what type of data you would like Retain to archive and how often you'd like the archive job to run.
Configure the BlackBerry Module:
- Open the Retain Server Management console (http://retain_ip_address/RetainServer)
- On the left side under Configuration select 'Module Configuration'
- Find the BlackBerry module under Unconfigured Modules and click on 'Configure' (Watch for a new Window or Tab to open)
- In the configuration page you will have three tabs
âCore Settings - Enable/Disable Address Book Caching and Jobs
- Enable Address Book Caching - Checking this box will tell Retain to Sync the BlackBerry servers address book allowing Retain storage to display names instead of displaying only phone number or PIN's. Retain will only mirror what is synced so the address book must be setup on the BlackBerry server
- Enable Jobs - This is checked by default. You can uncheck this if you do not want any active jobs to run for this module
BES Servers - Telling Retain how to contact the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Click the green plus button to add a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Server Name - The name will not have any effect on the communication between Retain and the BES so you can set the name to whatever you want. However the server name entered here will reflect the display names within the archive so it is recommended you set the server name to be the same as the actual BES. This especially applies to environments with multiple BES
- Logfile Path - This is the path to the BES log files
- SOAP Host - IP Address or Host name of the BES
- SOAP Port - BES 5 : 443 | BES 10 : 38443 | BES 12 : 18084
- SOAP User - This user has to be a BES level user with Administration writes. This can not be a user that is authenticating via Active Directory to login to the BES Adminstration Services Console
- SOAP Password - Password for the user configured above
- Test Connection - This will test the connection that you just configured. Notice: The test connection process will NOT verify the Logfile Path. This test only assures we can make contact to the given host on the given port and login using the given username and password.
SMTP Connector - The SMTP connector only needs to be configured if your forwarding the BES items to an external system.
- SMTP Mail Server - IP Address or Host name of the server you want to use for forwarding Items
- SMTP Mail From Address - You can enter any address you would like. Example: RetainBES@domain.com
- SMTP Mail To Address - This is the email address that you want to receive the forwards
- SMTP Username - A user authorized to login and send mail form the listed SMTP server
- SMTP Password - Password for the above user