Retain (all versions)
When trying to login to the Retain Worker it does not login and error message states: 'Incorrect user name and password'. The user name and password are correct. Using the same user name and password on the Retain Server logs in successfully. Some of the symptoms might be:
- Unable to access the Retain Worker interface
- Retain job does not start
- Authentication Errors within the Retain Worker log.
To fix this create a new worker with a different name and make sure to select the new worker in the job.
Follow these steps to create a new worker:
1) Go to the Workers section in the Retain Server Configuration
2) Click Add Worker.
3) Give the new worker a new name. Do not use the same name as the previous worker.
4) Save the changes.
5) Click on the Bootstrap tab.
6) Download the new bootstrap and save it to an easily accessible location.
7) Shut down Tomcat.
8) Go to (Linux) /opt/beginfinite/retain/RetainWorker/WEB-INF/cfg or (Windows) C:\Program Files\Beginfinite\Retain\RetainWroker\WEB-INF\cfg
9) Rename or remove the RetainWorker.cfg
10) Start Tomcat
11) Login to the Retain Worker interface (http://ipaddress/RetainWorker)
12) Upload the newly downloaded bootstrap.
13) Proceed to login to the Worker interface.