Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 11.4
Note: This TID is only applicable to customers who have been using ZENworks appliance that was upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4, and then applied the patch novell-zenworks-prereq-0.1-1.noarch.rpm posted on nu.novell.com between November 25 through December 22, 2016 and only applied patches using the Appliance portal (port 9443). It is only applicable to Appliances that host the internal Sybase database. Appliances installed at 11.4 are not affected. Appliances patched after December 22, 2016 are not affected. Zones configured to use Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or external Sybase are not affected.
To check package version and install time, use this command:
rpm -qa --last | grep novell-zenworks-prereq
Issue: A script in the patch update deleted internal Sybase database files.
Steps to check if the Appliance primary has this issue:
- Log into the Appliance terminal using the root user for the Appliance that hosts the Sybase database.
- Check for the folder /var/opt/novell/zenworks/database.
- If the folder is absent, contact the ZENworks Technical Support, Micro Focus Customer Care immediately. Refer to bug 1016083 and there is no charge for the call.
- Do NOT restart any of the ZENworks services.
- If the services were not stopped or restarted since the patch update, steps to restore the database files from the in-memory state may work in some cases. Micro Focus Customer Care team can assist in attempting to recover the database with backup command.
- If the services had been restarted, the only solution is to restore the database from last backup or Appliance snapshot.