Micro Focus iPrint Appliance 2.x
Attempting to open the User Import feature in the Management Console generates an RPC 500 type error.
Verify the permissions to the /vastorage/filr/conf directory are set to www for Group and wwwrun for Owner.
Set the correct ownership. Verify the correct ownership exists on the conf directory. Restart the Appliance
- View the ownership of the /varstorage/filr/conf directory
- Open a terminal to the Appliance using a utility like putty.exe
- Log in as root
- In a terminal session, type:
- ll /vastorage/filr
- You should see something similar to:
- drwxr-xr-x 2 wwwrun www 4096 Sep 14 14:45 conf
- If you do not see wwwrun www, then type
- chown -R wwwrun.www /vastorage/filr/conf
- Check the permissions by typing
- ll /vastorage/filr/
- The correct permissions should now be displayed.
- If you made a change to the ownership, restart the Appliance.
- In a web browser, go to the Management Console (https://<IP address or DNS name>:9443/)
- Login in as vaadmin
- Click on System Services
- Select SSH
- Drop down the Action list and select Start
- You can also drop down the Options list and select 'Set as Automatic' to cause the SSH service to load on boot up.
Incorrect permissions on the /vastorage/filr/conf directory.