iSeries agents will not register with Secure Configuration Manager. Secure Configuration Manager displays the following error when attempting to register an iSeries agent:
Failed to register agent: An I/O error occurred communicating with vssl://<IP address>
An I/O error is received when running a report.
Perform the following steps to enable Secure Configuration Manager to use SSL 3.0 for communication with agents:
1. Go to the Advanced tab in the Core Configuration Utility.
To access the Advanced tab in the Core Services Configuration Utility:
1. Close the Core Services Configuration Utility if it is open.
2. Go to the \NetIQ\Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services\bin folder and run the Config.bat (in 32-bit computers) or the Configx64.bat (in 64-bit computers) file.
This opens the Core Services Configuration Utility with the Advanced tab.
2. Update the value of the network/protocols field to TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2,SSLv3.
NOTE: This field is case-sensitive.
3. Restart NetIQ Core Services.