Micro Focus iPrint Appliance
When attempting to install an iPrint Printer from the /ipp page or upload a Printer Driver to the Driver Store, a message is returned within Internet Explorer stating that the iPrint Client is not installed. However, the client is installed.
Micro Focus is looking into a fix to this issue.
Upload Printer Driver:
- Workaround 1: Install the iPrint printer using iprntcmd
- Within a DOS prompt, type the following command:
- iprntcmd -a ipp://<Server IP or DNS>/ipp/<PrinterName>
- iprntcmd -a ipp://iprint01.mycompany.com/ipp/HP4020-3rdFlr
- Workaround 2: Install the iPrint printer using Firefox or Chrome
- This problem is limited to Internet Explorer.
Upload Printer Driver:
- Workaround 1: Upload the printer driver using the command line method
- Run iprntcmd.exe in "Run as Administrator" mode.
- Find the CMD executable, right-click, and choose "Run as administrator".
- Type the following at the cmd prompt:
- iprntcmd -U <IP or DNS address of iPrint Server> <user name> <password> c:\
- iprntcmd -U 10.10.97.53 admin novell123 c:\
- The user name format does not include the context.
- Workaround 2: Upload the printer driver using Chrome with the IE Tab extension
- Install the IE Tab Chrome extension to your Chrome browser.
- Use that extension (button in upper right of Chrome, an 'e' in a blue circle) to access iManager and upload the printer driver.
- Workaround 3: Install older Client
- This problem exists when the Micro Focus iPrint Client versions 6.03 or 6.04 are installed without having had a previous version installed. You can uninstall the problem client (6.03 or 6.04) and install an older version of the client. Once the older client is installed, you can continue using that client, or upgrade to the 6.03 or 6.04. Because there was an upgrade from an older client, the problem will not occur.
Each of the following conditions must be met for this problem to be present:
- Windows 7 32bit workstation
- 64bit does not have this problem
- Internet Explorer must be used
- Firefox and Chrome do not have this problem with printer installs
- For driver uploads, the only supported browser is Internet Explorer
- The iPrint client version 6.03 or 6.04 must have been installed without a previous version of the client having been installed on the workstation.