NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager 5.X
NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager 6.X
More debugging information is needed in order to troubleshoot the issue.
Go to the machine where the NetIQ Security Agent for Windows is physically installed to perform the actions below.
1. On the agent machine go to Services and stop the NetIQ Security Agent for Windows.
2. Then go to Windows Explorer and locate \Program files (x86)\Netiq\Secure Configuration Manager\Security Agent for Windows\log and delete or rename all of the files in this directory.
3. Open the registry by going to start\run and typing regedit.
4. In the registry editor go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SoftwareWow6432Node\NetIQ\VigilEnt
5. Change the logLevel value from 2 to 4.
6. Close the registry and open the Services window and start the NetIQ Security Agent for Windows.
7. Recreate the issue and then collect the entire log folder from this directory. \Program files (x86)\Netiq\Secure Configuration Manager\Security Agent for Windows\log
8. Send the logs to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to add the Service Request number in the title of the email.
9. Open the registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SoftwareWow6432Node\NetIQ\VigilEnt.
10. Return the logLevel value from 4 to 2.
11. Open services and stop and restart the NetIQ Security Agent for Windows service.
The agent is having an issue and not producing an error that describes the problem or solution thoroughly.