Novell GroupWise 2014
Novell GroupWise 2014 R2
The customer has upgraded to GroupWise 2014 R2 and can no longer login to the GroupWise Monitor Agent console in a browser with http://<MonitorAgentIpAddress>:8200. It will not accept the username and password, so how can you reset the username and password for Monitor ?
You must use the startup switches of ''--httpmonuser <username>" and "--httpmonpassword <password>" when starting the GroupWise Monitor Agent.
The official way :
To do this on SLES11, you must go to Computer, YaST, "/etc/sysconfig Editor",
1. Choose Network, Mail, GroupWise
2. In the "Setting Of" list box type "--httpmonuser <username> --httpmonpassword <password>" . No quotes
3. Click Finish and follow the on screen instructions to complete the configuration, which also restarts the GroupWise Monitor Agent.
4. now when you go to http://GWMonitorAgentIPAddress:8200 it will prompt and accept the new username and password.
The quick way: ** NOTE: HAVE THE MONITOR AGENT STOPPED WHEN YOU DO THIS **
1. Edit the /etc/sysconfig/grpwise-ma startup script and have this monitor agent variable populated with the following content, if you wanted the username "admin" and the password of "novell" :
GROUPWISE_MA_OPTIONS="--httpmonuser admin --httpmonpassword novell"
Then restart the monitor agent with the terminal command , as root, of "rcgrpwise-ma restart". No quotes.