Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 11.4
What are the steps for forcing a new guid on an inventory only device?
These steps will register the IOA device with new GUID (different/re-generated GUID):
- In ZCC : Go to Devices / Inventoried (tab) / Servers or Workstations
- Select the device and delete it.
- Wait for 10 or mor minutes for the soft delete handler to delete the device on the back end primary.
- Kill the zenumia process with task manager.
- Go to Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Novell\\ZCM\\UMIA or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\ZCM\\UMIA
Inside that go to Value Name : WorkstationOID, right click modify and remove the Value Data assigned to it.
- Then do the scan from directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\bin) "zenumia scannow". While doing scan it generates the GUID if it's empty.