Novell Client 2 SP4 for Windows 7 Login
'Novell Client Properties...' > 'Advanced Login'> 'Password Expiry Warning' is 'On'
'Novell Client Properties...' > 'Advanced Login' > 'Password Expiry Warning Period' is '5' days
In iManager > 'Roles and Tasks' > 'Users' > 'Modify User' > 'Restrictions', 'Force periodic password changes' has been configured with the 'Password Restrictions' of the User object and the 'Date password expires' is sooner than 5 days.
When the user logs in, the Novell Client does not warn about the soon password expiration.
- Assign a Universal Password Policy to the User object or the context container object of the user per iManager > 'Roles and Tasks' > 'Passwords' > 'Password Policies' > 'Assignments'.
- With the 'Configuration Options' at the 'Universal Password' configuration tab of the Universal Password Policy, 'Allow user to retrieve password' must be enabled.
- Ensure that novell-nmas-188.8.131.52-0.7.7.4 or newer is installed on each writeable replica of the partition with the User object. Can check the version per the command 'rpm -q novell-nmas' at the shell as user root and update with YaST, the 'zypper up' command or any other way you update your server.
- Ensure that the NMAS Client 184.108.40.206 or newer is installed on the Windows workstation with the Novell Client 2 SP4 or newer. Can check the version of the NMAS Client for Windows per 'Start' > 'Control Panel' > 'Programs and Features'. The NMAS Client is installed with a typical installation of the Novell Client.
- Ensure that the server where the user is attaching has a copy of the replica containing the user object.
The Novell Client 'Password Expiry Warning' feature is based on NMAS technology that requires Universal Password Policy assignment.
See TID 7016757 - "Password Expiry Warning" in Novell Client for more information about this feature.