Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows
When changing passwords using the following sequence, the user sees an extra password change dialog.
1. Create new Windows user and assign and expire the password (test1)
2. Create new eDirectory user with the same name and assign and expire the password (also test1)
3. Login on Windows 7 workstation with Novell Client 2 SP3 for Window 7 (IR9) using the expired password (test1).
4. The user is prompted to change my password before logging on the first time.
5. Enter (and confirm) the new password (test2), and check the âChange your Novell password to match your new Windows passwordâ box.
6. The password change is confirmed
7. The desktop is preparedâ¦
8. Even though the user has already changed their eDir password by checking the âChange your Novell password to match your new Windows passwordâ box, they are prompted to change the eDir password. This is the problem.
9. Reply yes, and change the password (to the same new password (test2) specified in step 5). There are no other resources listed with which to synchronize.
10. The user is successfully authenticated.
Fixed in Novell Client 2 SP4 for Windows.