Novell Filr 1.1
If a Net Folder is defined at the root level and a user renames a folder at this level using the Filr Desktop client, the folder gets renamed successfully but any further operations (add/modify/rename/delete) fail.
- Define Net Folder Server called "NFS1" at: \\192.168.10.10\Volume123
- Define Net Folder called "NF1" with an empty relative path (so it's pointed at the root)
- Sync down "NF1" using Desktop client and suppose we have a folder named "Folder1"
- Rename "Folder1" to "Folder123"
- Notice that "Folder123" will not allow any operations such as add/modify/delete/rename
A fix for this issue is available in the Filr 1.1 Hot Patch 1, available via the Novell Patch Finder.
Renaming a folder at the root level is inserting an extra \ in the path for the renamed folder thereby causing the path to become invalid.