System Update Entitlement is added through the ZCC in Configuration -> Infrastructure Management -> System Update Settings.
The following error message shows in red after attempting to add the Activation code:
ERROR: An error occurred while trying to connect to NCC server.
In the ZCC.log the error message shows the following:
18 Feb 2014 12:00:00 ============== Exception (begin) ==========================
18 Feb 2014 12:00:00 Exception occurred com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.UpdateEntitlementException: Read timed out
Fixed in 11.3.1 or higher.
The default timeout for the registration process is 30 seconds.
The problem happens if the registration is not able to happen in the time allowed. Try the following suggestions that may help the registration process.
1) Try a different browser. IE or Firefox.
2) In the browser, try removing plugins and accelerators.
3) Run the browser from the Primary server directly
4) Shut down any other programs on the server that may be using the network
5) Try the registration during a low network traffic time of day or after hoursIf the registration still is not working, gather the ZCC.log and a packet trace from the Primary server and submit to Novell Technical Support to help troubleshoot.