This TID explains some expected behavior for the Dashboard's Charting portlet and charting in the Information Portlet.
Metrics can be missing from a chart for the following reasons:
- A metric is deleted in the management system (for example , AppManager)
- A service model is deleted in Operations Systems and its metrics are no longer accessible
- An adapter is offline
When any of the above happens, the following occurs in the Charting portlet:
- The metric disappears from the chart and the element/metric name(s) are removed from the Basic tab in the left configuration panel. If the page is manually refreshed, the metric shows with a red (!) icon.
A red (!) icon displays next to the metric in the Manage Elements wizard.
When any of the above happens, the following occurs in the Information portlet:
- The metric disappears from the chart.
- The metric continues to display in the metric selector list until the page is refreshed.
Charting Count Metrics (Child Condition Counts & Alarm Severity Counts)
In order to chart metrics providing a count-type summary (Child Condition Counts, Alarm Severity Counts), the chart must reserve 7 metric slots when allocating room in the chart and before adding any more metrics. Therefore, because we limit the chart to 10, in this instance the chart can only include 1 count metric and 3 non-count metrics...for a total of 4 metrics. A Not all metrics appear message displays at the bottom of the chart.