Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
- Document ID:7014196
- Creation Date:27-Nov-2013
- Modified Date:26-Aug-2014
Novell SecureLogin 7.0.3
NetIQ SecureLogin 8
Smart card integration
Installed in Active Directory mode
Password fails with SecureLogin application configured for network (Active Directory) password
Problem occurs after smart card login, does not occur after logging in with password
âType ?syspasswordâ command returns PIN instead of password after smartcard logon
1. Check with the smart card middleware vendor. It is the responsibility of the middleware to retrieve the username and password from AD at login. Some middleware will require a configuration change, other middleware will not support this feature.
2. Install NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework. For details see the NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework product page or documentation.
NetIQ Advanced Authentication Framework currently supports the following cards and card readers:
Supported contactless card readers
HID OMNIKEY 4121 CL, 5021 CL, 5321 serie, 5325 serie, 5326 DFR, 5427 CK; RFIDeas pcProx serie, LEGIC AIR ID series.
Supported contactless smart cards
HID iClass serie; HID Prox serie; MIFARE Classic 1K/4K, Ultra Light, Ultra Light C, Plus; MIFARE DESFIRE 0.6, MIFARE DESFIRE EV1; iCLASS SE/SR, MIFARE SE, DESFire; EV1 SE; AWID; Cardax; CASI-RUSCO; Deister; DIGITAG; EM 410x; Farpointe Data; GProx II; HiTag 1, S & 2; Indala (Motorola); ioProx (Kantech); Keri NXT; Keri Nexwatch (Honeywell); Pyramid; Radio Key; ReadyKey Pro; Secura Key; Rosslare; Advant CSN (Legic); eTag CSN; I-Code CSN; I-tag CSN; ISO 14443A CSN1; ISO 15693 CSN; my-d CSN; Tag-It CSN.
To see the exact value returned by the ?syspassword, create a script for notepad.exe that shows system credentials, as follows:
1. Right click the NSL âhandâ icon in the system tray and select âManage Logins.â
2. Right click âapplicationsâ and select âNew.â
3. In the âNew Applicationâ dialog select âWindowsâ as the application type, enter ânotepad.exeâ in the EXE field, type a description and click OK.
4. Open the âDefinitionâ tab and enter the following application definition:
Title "Untitled - Notepad"
5. Save the new application definition by clicking OK or Apply.
6. Launch notepad.exe. The system credentials that have been captured by SecureLogin will be typed in the notepad window. WARNING: Your network password will be typed in clear text in notepad.
Feedback service temporarily unavailable. For content questions or problems, please contact Support.