Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (OES 11) Linux
Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (OES 11) Linux Support Pack 1
After adding and /etc/init.d/after.local script -- to start services that need to run last -- it was observed that after.local was running every 60-75 seconds.
This was reported to development. See additional information section for workaround.
This is being triggered by Novell Remote Manager (NRM) and it's health monitoring of services. NRM gathers this information on services via SFCB providers. To avoid after.local (and other, executable scripts in /etc/init.d), you can follow the steps below to disable health information via NRM:
- 1. Ensure your server is updated to at least November 2012 Maintenance for OES11.
- 2. Stop the NRM service: rcnovell-httpstkd stop
- 3. Edit the configuration file "/etc/opt/novell/httpstkd.conf", adding the following options to the bottom of this conf file (without the quotes).
- "DaemonDebugFlags hlthoff"
- 4. Start the NRM service: rcnovell-httpstkd start
- 5. Test NRM by accessing the https://<localIPAddress>:8009 or http://<localIPAddress>:8008