Novell ZENworks Configuration Management Database
Quite often there are discussions on database index corruption, and its possible causes - being either physical corruption and logical corruption.
Here are some possible causes for index corruption:
- DBMS has been improperly shut down, for example a power outage
- Corrupted blocks in the file-system
- File-system running out of space
- Issues with the I/O subsystem, for example hardware failures with SAN controller, RAID controllers, and the hard drives themselves
- RAM memory corruption (extremely rare)