Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 11.2 Imaging
- AHCI drivers are installed in the base machine and the base machine boots up correctly in AHCI mode.
- chkdsk /f shows no errors in base machine.
- An image is taken of this device
- After restoring the image to another device that is using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface), either:
- the system hangs at the initial screen and the login prompt is never displayed, or
- error "Disk Read Error"
This is fixed in version 11.2.4 - see KB 7012027 "ZENworks Configuration Management 11.2.4 - update information and list of fixes" which can be found at https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7012027
NTFS superblock fields "sectors_per_track" and "heads" were not being updated by mkntfs on restoration.