Novell Filr 1.0
Some environments might require a different hardware configuration to be used in order to be able to successfully deploy the Filr appliance.
The VMware OVF Tool is needed to use following solution, which comes default with VMware Workstation or can be downloaded from the VMware website.
- Create a temporary directory and extract the downloaded Filr archive in here so it contains the *.ovf, *.mf and *.vmdk files.
- Create a sub-directory in the previously created directory and name it VMX.
- Convert the ovf file to a vmx file using the following command: ovftool Filr.x86_64-<version>.ovf VMX/Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx
- Edit the Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx file using a text editor
- Convert the vmx file back to an ovf file using the following command: ovftool -o VMX/Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx Filr.x86_64-<version>.ovf
- Use the new ovf file for deployment.
If a different Network adapter is required, the following line in the Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx needs to be adjusted:
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
Change it so it reads:
ethernet0.virtualDev = "vmxnet3"