TFTP replication has been enabled
The TFTP folder does not always contain the latest files or file changes on the Satellite Servers.
This is fixed in version 11.2.4 - see KB 7012027 "ZENworks Configuration Management 11.2.4 - update information and list of fixes" which can be found at https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7012027
Workaround: if it is not possible to upgrade to ZCM11.2.4 at this time, in the interim, Novell has made a Patch available for testing, as part of a Monthly patch update: it can be obtained at https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=s5zcEae9xcI~ as "ZCM 11.2.3a Monthly Update 1 - see TID 7012025". This update should only be applied if the symptoms above are being experienced, and are causing problems.
Please report any problems encountered when using this Patch, by using the feedback link on this TID.
- The TFTP Master replication server sends out a quicktask to the Satellites for the TFTP replication event
- On this event the Satellite Servers send a list of files currently in the their local TFTP folder and the checksum of these files to the TFTP Master Replication server.
- From this list the TFTP Master Replication compiles which files are missing or different for each single Satellite and put them to a unique TFTP replication system bundle for each replication target device. Such a TFTP system bundle's content is saved in a single zip file with a name like TFTP-<target device GUID>-<timestamp>.zip and stored in the imaging folder under the tmp folder in the Content Repository
- On the next imaging content replication schedule, this zip file gets replicated to the Satellite's local imaging tmp folder in its own Content Repository.
- Once the file is received, the zip file content gets extracted to the Satellite's local TFTP folder.
- As a last step the Satellite Server confirms the extract of the zip
file to the TFTP Master Replication Server and the Master
Replication Server can ideally update the sync status to