Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.2.4
When you hit webadmin page, i.e. https://<datasync>:8120 with Internet Explorer, no content is displayed. All works fine with other browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.
This is a problem of self-signed certificate file that is located under /var/lib/datasync/webadmin. You can generate new, self-signed certificate by steps bellow:
1. Stop Datasync services.
2. Create a directory on your Linux server and open a terminal to generate new keys in this directory.
3. Create a new private key:
openssl genrsa <key_length> > server.key
where <key_length can be 1024, 2048 or 4096.
4. Create new certificate file:
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -days <number_of_days> -key server.key > server.cert
where <number_of_days> can be 365 for one year, for instance. Be prepared to provide answers to few simple questions about Country Code, Country, City, Organization, Organization Unit, Name and Email address.
5. Combine newly generated server.key and server.cert file into a server.pem file:
cat server.key server.cert > server.pem
Make sure you rather do not open those files by any text editor as this can add / change formatting of the files which can then damage the files.
6. Copy your new server.pem into /var/lib/datasync/webadmin directory and start Datasync services. Now you shall be able to use Internet Explorer again.