Removing an orphaned Inhibit Move obituary using NDS iMonitor
How to remove stuck Moved or Inhibit_move obituaries using NDS iMonitor 2.1 or higher
This procedure should be followed very cautiously. If you do not understand the obituary process involving an object move, DO NOT attempt the following steps. For more information on the obituary process, check the following solutions:
Obituary Troubleshooting in eDirectory https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7011536
The following should only be attempted if you are absolutely sure that the object that has the Inhibit_Move obituary is indeed "orphaned" and that there is no corresponding "MOVED" obituary for the same object anywhere in the tree. If you release the Inhibit_Move obituary and the MOVED obituary is still in existence, the operation will cause inconsistencies in the database and a dial-in WILL be required to get rid of the MOVED obituary.
1. Log into NDS iMonitor on a server in the replica ring that is running eDirectory 8.7.1 or higher (this is necessary in order for this functionality to be present).
2. Enable Advanced Mode by clicking on the NDS iMonitor logo in the upper left corner of the browser window and then select Enabled and select Submit. NOTE: When you choose to Enable Advanced Mode, this setting remains on the server until you Disable it. Make sure to Disable Advanced mode when you are finished with this process.
3. Go to the Reports link (shown below) and then click on Report Config link on the left side of the screen.
Configure the Obituary Listing report to look for Inhibit Move obituaries. Take note of the "Obituaries older than" field and if the obituaries are LESS THAN 7 days old, decrease the default value of "7" to "0".
4. Run the report. You should get a listing of obituaries similar to what is shown below. If Advanced Mode is enabled, you will see the extra options to the right of each entry specified. If the Inhibit_Move obituary does not show up in the report, it is possible that the iMonitor server you are logged into does not hold a real replica of the object with the obituary. Make sure to select a server that has a real replica (Master, Red/write or Read-only) of the object with the obituary.
5. Find the object that you want to release from the Inhibit Move process and Click the "Release Move Entry" hyperlink under the "Obituary Links" column.
6. You will be warned that the operation is irreversible. Select OK if you are sure you want to do this.
7. You will be presented with an INFO message stating success or failure.
NOTE: This will synchronize to the other servers in the replica ring, therefore you should only have to do this one time per object. If there is a problem with replica synchronization, having to attach to other servers in the replica ring and performing the above steps again might be necessary (it is always better though that you troubleshoot synchronization problems before attempting this)
If you want to get iMonitor 2.1, you just need to install eDirectory 8.7.1 or higher and use the version of iMonitor that ships with the product..
NOTE: This will synchronize to the other servers in the replica ring, therefore you should only have to do this one time per object. If there is a problem with replica synchronization, having to attach to other servers in the replica ring and performing the above steps again might be necessary (it is always better though that you troubleshoot synchronization problems before attempting this).