OS PlateSpin will run on is Windows 2008 or 2008R2
The installation of PlateSpin Migrate or PlateSpin Protect fails. The following error can be found in the MSI log:
Validate BCP: bcp error found at line: 396 - Error = (Microsoft)(SQL Native Client)(SQL Server)Cannot open database "portabilitysuite" requested by the login. The login has failed.
1. If installing onto a VM and a snapshot was taken prior to installing any pre-requisites, revert to that snapshot. Otherwise, re-install the Operating System
2. Once the Operating System is in a clean state with no pre-requisites installed, disable UAC
3. Install the expected pre-requisites (IIS, .Net Framework)
4. Install the Database instance (if using the local SQL 2005 Express instance)
5. Install PlateSpin Migrate or Protect
Instead of installing PlateSpin Migrate or Protect in the default location, choose either to install to the root of C:, or to another volume entirely. Installing to the root of C: in this case means having the installer create the installation folder under the C: volume, instead of under C:\Program Files. For example, instead of installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\PlateSpin Protect Server the path would be changed to C:\PlateSpin Protect Server.
This error occurs because the user being used to install Migrate or Protect does not have appropriate access to run bcp.exe. This can be due to system permissions or UAC.