Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 3
While trying to login to CIFS on Open Enterprise Server (OES) using the smbclient, the following error is received:
smbclient //localhost/DATA -U myuser%mypassword
session request to LOCALHOST failed (Called name not present)
Server not using user level security and no password supplied.
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbaduid (The UID is not known as a valid ID on this session.)
The issue is that the nfapCIFSDialect is set to an incorrect value. This needs to be changed to a value of 4.
- Open iManager
- Select DIRECTORY ADMINISTRATION from iManager, then MODIFY OBJECT.
- Browse for the NCP server object in question
- Under the GENERAL tab, select OTHER
- Under the VALUED ATTRIBUTES side, find nfapCIFSDialect, select it, and press EDIT
- Make sure this value is set to 4, save, and restart CIFS