Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack
Novell GroupWise 8
Microsoft Active Directory
Novell GroupWise 8 configured with LDAP Authentication against Active Directory
eDirectory only used for Novell GroupWise
Running Mobility against Active Directory LDAP is not officially supported at the moment. However, eDirectory should be running in the environment as GroupWise is dependent on eDirectory. Mobility can be configured to pull users from eDirectory LDAP and then Mobility can be configured to use GroupWise Authentication, which in turn uses Active Directory Authentication
- Download the latest version of Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack from https://download.novell.com/patch/finder
- Follow the steps in the Documentation to install Mobility Pack.
- While configuring, please put in the information of the eDirectory Server for LDAP information.
- Continue with the configuration.
- Once the installation and configuration is complete, please login to webadmin https://IPAddressofMobilityServer:8120
- Click the GroupWise Connector (groupwise )
- Note down the GroupWise POA SOAP URL
- Click the Mobility Connector (mobility )
- Change the Authentication Type to groupwise .
- In the GroupWise POA SOAP URL , please type what was noted in step 5.
- Click Save Custom Settings .
- Type "rcdatasync restart " on the mobility server and press Enter.
- Please login to webadmin and add users to the GroupWise Connector and Mobility Connector as per the documentation. These users would be pulled from eDirectory. Please click on the following link and click Mobility Connector Installation | Adding users to the Mobility Connector .