- Download and extract sync.pyc from the following link.
- Stop DataSync by typing "rcdatasync stop" and press Enter.
- Browse to /opt/novell/datasync/syncengine/connectors/mobility/lib/device and rename sync.pyc to sync.bak1.
- Copy extracted sync.pyc to /opt/novell/datasync/syncengine/connectors/mobility/lib/device.
- Make sure no python processes are running in the background by typing "ps aux | grep python". If there are any datasync python processes running, please type "kill -i pidNumber".
- Start DataSync by typing "rcdatasync start" and press Enter.
Following the above steps will make sure that new appointments do not get prematurely deleted from the device or the database. However, some appointments created before applying this file may have got deleted. To fix the user with the missing appointment issue, please re-initialize the user.