PlateSpin Protect 10.1+
When using PlateSpin Protect to capture Images of any workloads the default image root is C:\Program Files\PlateSpin Image Server\Machine Images. There is not enough space on C: so the image root needs to be set to a different volume.
In cases where the Images needs to be completely stored in a different path, the following steps can be taken to change the Default Image Root path:
1. The Image Container needs to already be added.
2. Navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files\PlateSpin Image Server
3. Edit the following file:
4. Near the bottom locate the following entry:
<defaultImagesRoot>C:\Program Files\PlateSpin Image Server\Machine Images</defaultImagesRoot>
5. Change the path here to where the Images should be stored.
6. Close and save the file.
7. Refresh the Image Container.
These changes are lost if you remove the Image Container.