The PlateSpin Migrate, PlateSpin Protect, or PlateSpin Forge server reports a different free space value than the Virtual Interface Client or vSphere Client.
In order to determine what value is used by the PlateSpin server to determine free space on an ESX server follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser and navigate to the IP address of the ESX server
2. Click "Browse objects managed by this host"
3. Log in with root or properly configured sudoer credentials
4. Click "content"
5. Click "ha-folder-root"
6. Click "ha-datacenter"
7. In the Value section there will be a GUID entry for each datastore. Click on any GUID in the Value section.
8. Click "Summary"
9. Record the value in the Uncomitted portion (this will be a value in bytes)
10. Repeat steps 7 - 9 for each datastore
11. Add the Uncomitted values together to get the total number of free bytes.
12. Divide by 1024 once to get the number of kilobytes, twice for the number of megabytes, three times for the number of gigabytes free on the ESX server.