Novell NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 8
Customer replaced MegaRAID SAS Disk Controller
Error: Loading Module MEGA_SAS.HAM [ INIT FAIL ]
MEGA_SAS.HAM version 1.05
We replaced the MEGA_SAS.HAM with version 1.13, and it loaded successfully. The biggest challenge was getting the driver on a device that allowed us to copy it to C:\NWSERVER.
1. Copy the updated drivers to FAT formatted USB memory stick using a workstation
2. Bring the server up as far as it will go
3. Load TBX.NLM
4. Insert USB memory stick into server
5. Type volumes to verify that the server recognized and mounted the USB device
6. If the server recognizes the USB device as D: , execute the following command:
COPY D:\MEGA_SAS.* C:\NWSERVER\DRIVERS\
7. LOAD MEGA_SAS.HAM to insure that the new driver loads correctly
8. Restart the server
The problem was that the old driver was not able to support the newer firmware in the updated controller.