Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.1
- Emails containing files named with "Umlaut" characters are not synced to the device.
- Email with attachments having extended characters are not delivered to devices.
- Error codes, such as the following, may be seen:
"2011-06-23 15:17:55.521 ERROR [Thread-6] [util:251] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] "
"EXCEPTION: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 38: ordinal not in range(128)"
This is believed to have been fixed since build 428 was released. The fix is contained in two files and may be obtained prior to the next DataSync release. These updated files can be obtained by contacting Novell Technical Support. Prior to replacing the files, please remember to make back up copies of the files being replaced. After replacing the files, stop the connectors and restart the DataSync services (rcdatasync). Build 465 or later should also contain these changes.
Steps to Duplicate
- Login to GroupWise Client as user.
- Click on New Mail. Add attachment where the file name contains a "Umlaut" (Ã¤,Ã¶,Ã¼).
- Send a mail to user who is added in Datasync.
- Mail will reach mailbox of user in GrouPWise client.
- It will not be synced to the mobile device at all the email will never reach the device.