Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 11.2
Missing ZESM NDIS drivers such as firewall driver etc.
Use NetworkInfo.exe from NTS to produce xml and txt files.
For example of what to look for:
XP or Win2k3 - maxnumfilters has room for install to continue: 8
Leaving MaxFilterCount value at: 8
See Microsoft site for how to change max values if it's insufficient. See HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\MaxNumFilters
Steps to do manual bind for Windows Vista and newer (for Windows XP/Win2k3 the only difference is there is ONE INF called ZESNDISIM.INF)
- Open Network and Sharing Center
- In the left frame, select to "change adapter settings:
- Right mouse click on you "Local Area Connection" for your wired adapter and select "Properties"
- In the properties view, select the "Install" button
- Choose "Service" and "Add" and "Have Disk" and "Browse"
- Browse to the %ZENWORKS_HOME%\esm\drivers folder and select the ZESFW.INF
- Select the "Novell ZENworks Firewall" service and hit "OK"
- Repeat steps 3 to 6, except select the "ZESWIFI.INI" the second time and choose the "ZESM Wireless Filter Service"
If this is done correctly, one should see TWO boxes checked on the Local Area Connection Properties relate to Novell ZENworks (one "firewall" and one "wireless filter"). Almost immediately after doing this, one should see a "bubble" prompt from ZIcon indicating a location change event has occurred. Check the ZESM Client About box for the "Configuration Location and NE".