Migration, Test Failover, Failover and Prepare for Failover jobs enter into a Recoverable Error state when trying to download files (such as the target VM's floppy image) from the DRS cluster (Virtual Center) container.
Error information may include an HTTP 500 error reported from the ESX, ESXi, or Virtual Center server.
1. Using the VMWare client, suspend the target VM
2. Wait until the errors no longer appear
3. Resume the VM
Note: If this issue re-occurs, contact support
Note: It is recommended that support be contacted before attempting the following steps.
1. Using the VMWare client, edit the settings for the VM
2. Disconnect the floppy drive and click Ok
3. Wait 1-2 minutes
4. Reconnect the floppy drive and click Ok
There is a patch available that may help resolve this issue, but only applies if the replication is targeting a DRS cluster. Contact support to get a copy of the patch.
This issue can be caused by the same root causes as those documented in TID 7008306, for issues that can occur when uploading files. For those situations, the solutions described in that TID will resolve issues downloading files as well.