PlateSpin Forge 3.x
PlateSpin Protect 10.x
This article outlines the steps to remove the PlateSpin Block-Based Driver from a source Linux workload. On Linux, blkconfig provides all the controls for the Linux BBT driver. It is installed in /sbin.
Run the following commands to manually remove the driver from the source:
1. Run the following command to check if the driver is active:
lsmod | grep blkwatch
2. If the result contains a line similar to the following example, the driver is still loaded in memory:
blkwatch_7616 70924 0
Run the following command to remove it from memory:
Where XXXX will be replaced with a 4 digit number. Using the example from step 2, the command would be:
3. Run the following command to remove the driver from the boot sequence:
4. Delete the following directory and file:
5. run "ps -ef | grep ofx"
6. kill -9 "process found above step 5"
7. rm -rf /usr/lib/ofx