KB Link http://support.platespin.com/kb2/login.aspx?errorCodes=ControllerInstallationNotCompleted
Reason Possibly because the machine is slow.
Message Controller installation has not finished in a timely fashion. Possibly because the machine is slow.
This error occurs due to remote execution of controller installation failing. The underlying reason is unknown but most likely cause is a security policy preventing remote execution. Controller installation files are copied and can be viewed on source machine in "%Windir%\Platespin" directory.
- Navigate to the ".\Program Files\PlateSpin PortabilitySuite(\Migrate\Protect) Server\Web" directory.
- Using a text editor, open the web.config file.
- In the web.config file, locate the following entry (located near the end):
<add key="InstallControllerUsingService" value="true" />
- Change the value from "true" to "false". The entry will look as under:
<add key="InstallControllerUsingService" value="false" />
- Save the changes to the web.config file.
This will change the controller installation mechanism from using remote execution service to using local WMI on the source machine.