Novell Data Synchronizer 1.0
Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack
How to setup redirection for Data Sync Web Admin
How to redirect port 80 to port 8120 for Data Sync Web Admin
How to redirect to Web Admin page automatically
Please follow the steps listed below:
- Make sure that no service on the Data Sync Server is using port 80. Apache would be the only server that normally uses port 80. Please follow the steps listed below to confirm:
- Type telnet localhost 80 and press Enter. It should show connection refused.
- Type telnet ip_address 80 and press Enter. Replace IP_Address with the IP Address of the server. It should show connection refused.
- If something is using port 80, type netstat -patune | grep 80 and among many lines in the output, it should show a line similar to the following. This means that apache is using port 80.
tcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 0 1121058 9410/httpd2-prefork
- Edit /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 and find the line FW_REDIRECT=""
- Type 0/0,126.96.36.199,tcp,80,8120 between the quotes.
- Save the file.
- Launch YaST2 | Firewall and set proper exception for the services and ports that should be open.
- Restart SuSEfirewall2 by typing "rcSuSEfirewall2 start ".