Novell NetWare 6.0
Novell NetWare 6.5
Microsoft Windows XPNovell Client for Windows XP/2003
Users whose objects reside in the same partition as the NetWare 6.0 server, can view the ownership of files (for which they have file scan rights) without a problem via Windows Explorer. However, if their object is moved to another partition in the tree, they are no longer able to. Even those users with admin type tree rights, and full volume rights, observe the same issue if their object is not contained in the same context.
The above issue was not observed on the NetWare 6.5 servers in the environment.
The root cause was not identified. However a workaround is to use Novell Remote Manager -- which can be used by any user. To do so, use the following steps::
- Open a browser and go to NetWare Remote Manager - https://<serverIPorDNS>:8009
(replacing <serverIP-or-DNS> with the servers DNS name or IP address)
- At the login screen, enter your complete login name (including context separate by dots '.') and password.
The next screen will appear with information about the server.
- In the Middle section of the screen you will see a section called "Volume Management"
- Click once on volume (i.e. SYS)
- Click once on each directory you want to traverse down to get to the file or directory in question.
- When you get to the file for which you desire the ownership information, click once on the ICON (looks like a piece of paper with a question mark in it)
You will now see all of the file ownership information you need for the file.