This article describes rights flow in different levels of the Teaming tree / zones structure.
With Teaming 2.x, administrative rights are categorized at three different levels. The following lists them in order of most to least.
1. super admin - This is associated with the built-in admin account (i.e., "admin") of the default zone.
2. zone admin - This is associated with the built-in admin account (i.e.,"admin") of non-default zones. This admin has access to all administrative functions within the zone, except for the zones management (add/update/delete zones) function.
3. regular user who is assigned "Zone Administration" right. In comparison to (2), this user lacks access to the following administrative functions:
Management -> Application Groups
Management -> Applications
Management -> Groups
Search Index -> Index
Search Index -> Nodes
System -> Import Profiles
System -> Site Branding
This is done in a sense of a design purpose. However, if you need to add few extra administration features to manually added users in a role of zone admins, then you can consider following changes in the zone administration:
1. Login as the principal zone admin and click on the Personal Workspace link (a root of all personal workspaces). From Manage | Access Control, add the desired regular zone user and grant him "Workspace and Folder Administrator" role, then save changes.This will enable "Application Groups", "Applications", "Groups", and "Import Profiles" functions in the admin menu for the regular user.
2. Whilst still logged in as the principal zone admin, click on the "Home Workspace" (a root of all Home workspaces). From Manage | Access Control, add the desired regular zone user and grant him "Workspace and Folder Administrator" role, then save changes.This will enable "Site Branding" function in the admin menu for the regular user.
Currently, the Search Index admin functions can not be made available to non-admin user account.