Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000006)
The message can be ignored because these options are not applicable to iPrint printers.
If the is a desire to reset the Advanced Spool options (again, it is not important to reset it because these options are ignored), uninstall and reinstall the iPrint printer.
This problem cannot be fixed by Novell as this is a Microsoft problem. See the Additional Information section of this TID to understand how this is a Microsoft problem.
This same problem can be duplicated with a Microsoft IPP printer. Note, not a Microsoft TCP/IP printer, but a Microsoft IPP printer. See KB 7008624 to learn how to install a Microsoft IPP to self verify that this problem exists outside the context of Novell iPrint.
See the duplication steps below. These steps can be performed with a Novell iPrint printer or Microsoft IPP printer.
- Associate the Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) HP Universal Print Driver to an iPrint printer.
- Install that iPrint printer to a Windows 7 workstation.
- Right-click the printer within the "Devices and Printers" Window -> Printer Properties -> Advanced tab.
- Choose the "Print directly to the printer" radio button -> Click OK
- Again, right-click the printer within the "Devices and Printers" Window -> Printer Properties -> Advanced tab.
- Choose the "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster" -> Click OK