How do you disable SLDotNetSSO?
With NSL7sp1, functionality was added to allow the SecureLogin Wizard to detect and create application definitions for .Net applications. In some cases it may be desirable to disable this feature.
Customers have reported that disabling SLDotNetSSO resolves the following symptoms:
- MicroSoft Project 2003 dies when sorting on columns
- Lotus Notes hangs when an email attachment it opened
- Adobe Reader says "Please wait while the document is being prepared...."
- Computer Associates Erwin Data Modeler R8 will not exit normally
Steps to disable sldotnetsso.exe:
1. Install NSL7.0.1 hf4 or later.
2. Create a dword registry value 'DisableDotNetSSO' under the key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Protocom\SecureLogin'.
3. Set this value to "1".
If the registry entry 'DisableDotNetSSO' is not present or set to '0' then sldotnetsso will be enabled. If registry entry 'DisableDotNetSSO' is set to '1' then sldotnetsso will be disabled and will not start as part of NSL. Workstations so modified will not have single sign on for .net applications.