Checking /var/log/YaST2/y2log, the following error messages are found:
2012-04-23 13:55:56,329 INFO libstorage(6378) - SystemCmd.cc(addLine):625 Adding Line 2 "Error: Unable to satisfy all constraints on the partition."
- exit YaST2
- open a root shell
- to start parted in interactive mode please run: parted
- select the device to use: select /dev/sdb
- list the partition table by using: print
- parted now displays the same message from the y2log:
Warning: Not all of the space available to /dev/sdb appears to be used, you can fix the GPT to use all of the space (an extra 2339840000 blocks) or continue with the current setting?
- Please type "Fix" and hit enter to adjust the GPT partition table.
Either continue to use parted to create the new required partitions or leave the program by using "quit" and start YaST2.