Novell GroupWise 8
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2
Installed GroupWise WebAccess on Windows 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5
"HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found" while accessing GroupWise WebAccess
GroupWise WebAccess, IIS and Tomcat services are up and runnig but user can not access the WebAccess login page
WebAccess login page can be accessed through http://webserver_ip:8080/gw/webacc URL
"jakarta" connector is present in the IIS | Website
When IIS service is installed on the Windows 2008 R2 server it only installed the default Role Services needed for it to function properly. But in order to run GroupWise WebAccess it need to have "ISAPI Extensions" and "ISAPI Filters" also installed along with the default IIS installation.
Make sure that the above mentioned 2 Role Services are installed along with the default IIS installation before installing GroupWise WebAccess Application.
If above mentioned Role Services are not installed during IIS installation and GroupWise WebAccess Application is installed on top of it, follow the below mentioned steps to make sure that the GroupWise WebAccess is properly configured and running.
- Go to the Server Manager and select Web Server (IIS) under Roles
- In Role Services section, click on Add Role Services located at the right hand side.
- Select "ISAPI Extensions" and "ISAPI Filters" and click on Install. (Provide the Windows 2008 R2 CD/DVD if asked for)
- Once installation completes, restart the IIS services
- Once IIS is up and running, click on Start - Administrative Tools - Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and highlight the Server
- Click on ISAPI Filters and click on Add. Specify the filter name "Tomcat-Jakarta" and in the executable browse to C:\Novell\GroupWise\connector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll (filter name can be anything and the location can be changed accordingly)
- Highlight the Server again in IIS Manager, double click on Handler Mappings and click on Add Module Mappings and fill in the following information accordingly.
a) For Request Path, enter *.dll
b) From the Module drop-down list, select "IsapiModule" (do not select "IsapiFilterModule")
c) For Executable, select C:\Novell\GroupWise\connector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll
d) For Name, enter "Tomcat-Jakarta" as mentioned in the Step - 6
Click Ok and click on Yes when prompted for Do you want to allow this ISAPI Extension?
- Restart IIS service once done with the above mentioned steps.