Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 for NetWare 6.5
Novell iManager 2.5
The word "NULL" is on the right side of the page after logging into iManager 2.5
1. To verify the issue and identity the corrupt plugin, an iManager debug trace file must be created. Click on Configure (Help Desk guy icon at top of the screen) - iManager Server - Configure iManager - Logging Events. Check the Logging Level of Errors, Warning and Debug Information messages. For Logging Output select to send the log output to debug.html. Make a note of the path where the file will be created then select save.
2. Close all browser instances. Reopen a browser session, log into iManager and verify that you see the word " NULL " on the right side of the display. Repeat the above steps but this time deselecting the option to save to the debug file.
4. Click on View to bring up the debug file. Perform a search on the displayed page for the following " error in opening zip file ". Right before this message may be a message saying " Error in NPM file: sys:\tomcat\4\webapps\nps\packages\<package name>.npm. This is a corrupt NPM file.
5. Remove the plugin from iManager by selecting Configure - Module Installation - Installed Plug-in Modules. Select the affected plugin and select to uninstall it. Now map a drive to the specified path in the debug log and delete all instances of it. There may may more than one with the file name containing a number.
6. Restart Tomcat on the server, close the browser and login back in again. You should not see the work 'NULL" anymore. Reinstall the plugin.