Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management Support Pack 1 - ZDM7 SP1 Inventory
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux
ZDM7 Workstation inventory fails to load if LDAP anonymous bind is disabled on the OES2 Linux server
Disabling LDAP anonymous bind on server breaks ZDM 7 inventory.
Fixed in ZENworks 7 Desktop Management on Linux Service Pack 1 Interim Release 4. see KB 3484245 "Updates to Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management" which can be found at Novell Support
Steps to duplicate:
- Using iManager, go to LDAP -> LDAP Options -> View LDAP Servers and choose
the server that will host the inventory service from the list.
- Choose the "Connections" tab and look under the "Restrictions" section.
Change the "Bind Restrictions" drop down to "Disallow anonymous simple bind"
and click the Apply button.
- Choose the "Information" tab and click the Refresh button to have the
settings take affect on the LDAP server.
- Install ZDM7 SP1 IR3a HP3 inventory service on the server. In testing
SSL was enabled before the installed happened.
- Attempt to start the inventory service on the server with the command