Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP2 (OES 2SP2) Linux
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP3 (OES 2SP3) Linux
Domain Services for Windows
Two or more domain controllers in the domain..
When editing a GPO the following error is returned:
"Group Policy Error
Failed to open the Group Policy Object. You may not have appropriate rights.
Details: The system cannot Find the path specified"
- Map a drive to the sysvol and specify the domain. Do not specify the server when mapping the drive. Below is an example of mapping a drive to a domain called novell.com:
- Right click on the domain folder. In this example it would be novell.com.
- Select the DFS tab.
- Select PDC and set as active.
To check which server is the PDC start MMC with the Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Right click on the domain.
- Click Operations Masters
- All three tabs (RID, PDC, Infrastructure) should show the same server as the Operations Master. This is the DC that should be marked active.
- Check the status after setting it as active.
- Verify the smb.conf has the unix extensions = no in the global section and wide links = yes in the sysvol section (sysvol-msdfs for ADCs). Look TID 7005705 for more information.
- Remove the existing link more information. In this example the domain name will be novell.com, the frd server is s1, the adc server is s2
mv novell.com /tmp/
- Create a new link with frd server listed first then the adc second (again this is on the ADC server)
ln -sf "msdfs:s1.novell.com\sysvol\novell.com,s2.novell.com\sysvol-msdfs\novell.com" novell.com
- Change the ownership of the new link
chown -R 'Administrator'.'domain admins' novell.com