PlateSpin Migrate 9 .x, 11.x. 12.xPlateSpin Protect 10.x, 11.x
PlateSpin Forge 3.x, 4.x, 11.x
When attempting to discover a Windows 2003/Windows 2008/
<message>Value cannot be null. Parameter name: version</message>
If a WMI query is run against the machine being discovered, "access is denied" error is received.
Running MSInfo32 returns error "Canât collect information Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows Management files may be moved or missing" .
- R ight click on "My Computer" and select "Manage" .
- In the window that appears, along the left hand column, select "Local Users and Groups" .
- The center window will now show a listing of groups and users on the computer. Click the Groups Tab to open it up .
- Double click Administrators to add a a user to the group .
- Press the "Add" button at the bottom of the new window .
- The window that follows allows you to add users and services to the administrator group. MAKE SURE THE BOX TITLED "From this Location" LISTS YOUR COMPUTER NAME AND not YOUR DOMAIN . If it isn't your computer name, click "Locations" button and select your computer. We want to add a LOCAL (local computer's) SERVICE acocunt to the group.
- In the bottom box, titled "Enter the object names to select," type SERVICE .
- Press the "Check Names" button and it should verify the name is correct .
- Press the "Ok" button on the all windows to get back to the management console .
- Y ou may have to reboot to get the information in the "Show me more details" window to appear .