IIS on the Forge Management VM generates log files capturing all requests to and from the server. These log files, over time, can occupy a significant amount of space.
To remove the log files, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1.
2. Delete all log files within the above directory.
To avoid unnecessary hard drive usage users can safely disable IIS logging during normal operation.
1. Open the IIS Management Console.
2. Expand 'Websites'
3. Right-click on 'Default Website'
4. Select 'Properties'
5. Uncheck the 'Enable Logging' checkbox at the bottom of the 'Web Site' tab.
6. Click 'OK'
In the event that IIS logs are required to troubleshoot a technical issue, the logging can be re-enabled before reproducing the issue to capture the necessary information.