How to reset SecureLogin without losing data
Cleaning up SecureLogin for a problem user
Backing up, clearing out, and restoring SecureLogin data
For a user to start over with SecureLogin without losing stored credentials do the following:
1. Right click on the NSL "blue hand" icon in the system tray, click "Advanced," "Back up User Information." This will save credentials and other SecureLogin information stored on the user object.
2. Save the backup (.exs) file as prompted. You will be asked for a password which will be used to encrypt the file
3. Close SecureLogin on the workstation by right clicking the NSL "blue hand" icon in the system tray and selecting "Close."
4. Delete the Local cache file from the workstation.
- On Windows7 the cache file is located at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\SecureLogin\Cache.
- On Windows XP the cache file is located at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecureLogin\Cache.
5. Launch iManager and open the SecureLogin SSO, Manage SSO plugin, and browse to the desired user.
6. On the "Advanced Settings" tab, click the "Delete" button under "Delete SecureLogin configuration on this object."
7. Relaunch SecureLogin on the workstation; provide a new pasphrase as prompted.
8. Right click on the NSL "blue hand" icon in the system tray, click "Advanced," "Restore User Information."