Installed in LDAP/ Credential Manager mode
Novell Client 4.91sp5
Password changes made via "ctrl, alt, del change password" are not picked up by
SecureLogin until the user again enters credentials.
Newly changed password is not passed from the Novell Client to SecureLogin.
The new password is not picked up by SecureLogin until manually entered by the user.
Create the following registry setting.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\Network Provider\Credential Managers (you will need to create this folder)
Value name= SSOPwdSynch
Type = String
Value data = PROP_SSOPWDSYNCH
Steps to duplicate:
1. User boots workstation and logs into eDirectory tree trough the NovellClient for Windows GINA.
2. SecureLogin makes an LDAP connection to the same tree behind the scenes. SecureLogin "About" shows the primary store as LDAP-Available.
3. Run a notepad script that displays ?sysuser and ?syspassword. These credentials show the values entered by the user to login, as expected.
4. Press "ctrl, alt, del change password" and change the password for the tree.
5. Run the notepad script again. The new password is not displayed; the valuesshown for ?sysuser and ?syspassword will not have changed. The expected
behavior would have been that the new password would have been typed into notepad.
6. Hit refresh cache, manage logins, or let the cache refresh interval expire. SecureLogin will prompt the user to authenticate, and will require the newpassword.
7. Run the notepad script again. This time the new password will be displayed.
Notepad script to display system credentials:
Create Windows script for script for Notepad.exe as follows:
Title "Untitled - Notepad"